CLIFF HOUSE COUNTRY COTTAGES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HIRE OF HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION
Cliff House is our private family home, not a party venue or meeting place. Unfortunately, due to the abuse of our facilities by non-paying guests, to allow us to maintain our promise of exclusive use of our facilities to our paying guests and to meet our insurance and fire safety obligations, guests may NOT entertain or invite additional family members/friends to visit Cliff House during your stay. The number of people using the cottage must not exceed the number stated at the time of your booking, nor can you significantly change the make-up of your party during your stay. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the ENTIRE party if these conditions are not observed. We will treat this as a breach of our terms and conditions, no refund will be given and we will not be legally responsible to you as a result.
- All cottages are hired on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only, and that no rights remain. You may take possession FROM 4PM on the first day (please do not arrive earlier) and must depart BEFORE 10am on the final day, so that our cleaning team can begin for the next guests as it takes a good 6 hours to clean the holiday cottages ready for the next guests. YOU MUST TAKE UP YOUR COTTAGE BY 8PM AS WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE KEY AVAILABLE TO YOU AFTER THAT TIME.
- A deposit of 25% shall be paid on booking and no cottage shall be reserved until the owners have issued a receipt. All charges are due for payment in full (less deposit) 6 weeks before commencement of the hire period. Payment of the deposit creates a contract between you and the owners and you become liable for all the charges from that moment, just as the owner becomes obliged to hold the property for the hirer’s use at the same time. The owners reserve the right to charge a £30 administration fee for any alterations to bookings.
- In the event of a cancellation, full charges will be made once the deposit has been accepted. However the owners will make their best endeavours to secure another hiring of the property. We strongly suggest that guests take out suitable holiday insurance.
- The owners are anxious to maintain a high standard of cleanliness. On departure, you must leave your cottage in the general condition that you find it. PLEASE NOTE THAT A CLEANING CHARGE MAY BE LEVIED IF EXTRA CLEANING IS REQUIRED. Please turn down used beds and place all used towels in the bath, to save unnecessary laundering and water usage. Cookers should be clean and fat free, crockery should be washed and put away and all bins should be emptied and recycling removed.
- Bed linen, bath, hand and tea towels are provided. Please bring your own cot linen and towels for use in the pool. Please do not dry towels etc. over furniture – please use the clothes airers provided.
- You must do nothing to make void any policy of insurance and must not cause a nuisance to neighbours. The owners have the right to enter any cottage without prior notice if special circumstances or emergencies occur.
- Due to livestock on the owners and neighbouring land and in order that we can keep our cottages clean for allergy sufferers, NO PETS are permitted (except for assistance dogs).
- Should you fail to give up possession at the end of their holiday or leave the cottage in such a condition that it is not suitable for occupation by another hirer, then you are liable for the charges of the owners having to provide alternative accommodation for subsequent hirers. You will also be liable for the cost of any damage or loss to the property.
- PARKING IS RESTRICTED TO ONE VEHICLE PER COTTAGE (HOLLY COTTAGE HAS PARKING FOR 2 VEHICLES). PLEASE PARK CONSIDERATELY AND DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS.
- The use of any amenities is entirely at the user’s risk. No responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons who use such amenities. The owner especially advises guests to ensure adult supervision of children at play in the grounds. The play equipment is strictly for under 10’s only. No responsibility is accepted for loss of or damage to any property brought onto the premises.
- CLIFF HOUSE COUNTRY COTTAGES DO NOT PERMIT SMOKING (INCLUDING E-CIGARETTES) IN ANY OF THE COTTAGES AND THIS EXTENDS TO ALL EXTERNAL AREAS INCLUDING THE GROUNDS AND COURTYARD.. The owners reserve the right to terminate a holiday due to unreasonable behaviour which includes smoking in the cottages and you will be liable for any costs in eradicating smoke odours.
- The owners reserve the right to ask for a security deposit – you will be informed at the time of your booking. The deposit is payable directly to the owners on or prior to arrival and will be returned to you within 10 days of departure (less any costs for damage etc).
- All damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of the hirer and their cost shall be paid on demand. Please inform the owners immediately – minor breakages will not normally be charged.
- We cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers or swimming pool filtration systems. We make every effort to keep the swimming open all year round, however it may be necessary to close it due to circumstances beyond our control. No compensation will be paid in these circumstances.
- Due to the increasing number of items left behind, a standard fee of £5 is payable to cover postage and packing and must be paid before items are dispatched. Larger items will require the guests themselves to arrange collection/delivery via a courier